Tuesday, August 24, 2010

SHOP ON HOLD... AGAIN

Shop News...
Sadly, circumstances have risen that prevent me from taking orders (and finishing any dolls) until the week of August 30th. Therefore, my shop will be closed until next week. Hopefully the grand re-opening next week will include one or two new dolls.

And on to some fun...
I will not leave you empty handed, however. I've included the entire movie Snow White: A Tale of Terror in twelve parts. I hadn't seen it in years and happened to be reminded of it a week or so back. I looked for it on Netflix, with not much luck. I wanted to at least show a clip of it to my husband, so I searched for it on YouTube. Wouldn't you know it, someone was lovely enough to upload the entire thing on their channel.
I've always had a soft spot for folk and fairy tales, in all forms. The darker versions have always hit more of a chord with me, however. This version of Snow White isn't perfect, but it's definitely worth seeing if you haven't yet. It has a less magical, fluffy tone to it than some versions. It's slightly more, for lack of a better word, raw and lurid. Plus, it has Sigourney Weaver. After Aliens, she can do no wrong.






No comments:

Post a Comment